THE LAST DEPLORABLES

Politics

BILL O’REILLY ISSUES STATEMENT AFTER FOX NEWS FORCES HIM OUT

As we all know, the beloved FOX News Star, Bill O’Reilly, was recently fired from the network in the wake of sexual harassment allegations. He proudly issued this statement to the public.

“Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television,” the statement said.

O’Reilly went on to state the exact reason for his departure.

“It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today,” the statement said.

O’Reilly then went on to try to be more on the positive side of things.

“I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel,” the statement said.

This all came when Bill O’Reilly was on a vacation in Rome, where he actually shook hands with the Pope.

View image on Twitter

Even after all of the allegations put forth against Bill O’Reilly, he was always maintained that he never did anything wrong. When the New York Times reported April 1 that sexual harassment lawsuits against him were settled for $13 million, O’Reilly said something similar to what he has been saying on Wednesday,

“Just like other prominent and controversial people, I’m vulnerable to lawsuits from individuals who want me to pay them to avoid negative publicity,” his statement earlier this month said. “In my more than 20 years at Fox News Channel, no one has ever filed a complaint about me with the Human Resources Department, even on the anonymous hotline.

“But most importantly, I’m a father who cares deeply for my children and who would do anything to avoid hurting them in any way. And so I have put to rest any controversies to spare my children,” that statement said.

“The worst part of my job is being a target for those who would harm me and my employer, the Fox News Channel. Those of us in the arena are constantly at risk, as are our families and children. My primary efforts will continue to be to put forth an honest TV program and to protect those close to me,” the statement concluded.

Even with all of the allegations and drama going on right now, Bill O’Reilly continues to have the highest ratings.

**Do you still support Bill O’Reilly after everything that is going on? Is FOX making a mistake by letting him go? Yes or no? Make sure to SHARE and leave a comment down below!

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Copyright © 2017 THE LAST DEPLORABLES

To Top